Tuesday, May 27, 2008

June 1, 2008 - Hallelujah! Retired at last!


After 30 years of service I've decided to retire from Philip Morris on June 1, 2008. It's been one heck of a ride!
I'm taking an entire summer off for the first time since highschool. After that, the next chapter of my life will include me going into business for myself. I feel that after 39 years of working for everyone else and making money for them, it's my turn to make that money for only ME!
I will start a "Tea Party Hosting" business this fall in this area. Which means, in short, that I will go to the client's home to plan and prepare the food, set up the tablescapes, serve the food and tea, and clean up afterwards for a contracted fee. The name of my business will be "My Secret Tea Garden". Additionally, I'm exploring another avenue of teaching etiquette to children, teens and adults at a local tea house in Prince George.
For once in my life I will feel that I'm going to play everyday, instead of going to work, and getting paid for it! You can't beat that. Who knows where this will all lead to eventually - maybe a franchise? That would be nice. - Ruth

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home